Monday, October 31, 2011

Lab C Reflection

Here are the forms for my Reflection Analysis:
Time Coding
Lab C Packet with Task Progression
Transcript
Lesson Plan
Developing the Content
Feedback Analysis



My Reflection:
   Teaching the Cha Cha Cha made me realize quite a few things about myself as a teacher and the things that I need to improve upon to become a better educator. The first thing I learned was about time management, and its importance to the classroom. In my next lesson I really want activity to be more than 50% of my lesson. I definitely have improved the other categories of time management from my last lessons, here's my past time coding forms for Lab A2 and Lab B.
   This time I did a little too much talking because I want to explain the steps to the dance as clear as possible. Another thing I noticed after doing all my forms was that I didn't use nearly enough feedback. If I want to become a better teaching I am going to have to use more congruent skill feedback. I am confident that my Lab D will be much better planned and more thoughtful because I feel that I am getting the experience and skills I need to become a more useful teacher.

 My progress can be traced in a short slideshow movie. 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment